Pages

30 Nov 2008

Songs without words

One of the things I absolutely must do while studying is listen to music. I don't know why but this habit only kicked in when I was in Year 1. Before that I simply could not stand sound of any sort while studying. Something hints me to the more protracted studying hours and I don't disagree.That said, one of my favourite things to listen to are recordings of NUSWS's previous concerts and none more so than Da capo '07.

The thing about listening to concerts is that more often than not, at the end of it, you are about 2 hrs into your study and you don't even realise it. Also I suspect this might be my favourite because of "Clementi Brass" of which I was a part of. It never fails to make me smile the bars bar where I mis-pitched a third from the original note and it actually sounded ok!

I'd admit, a lot of other glitches make me smile too and it's not in disdain. It's that recordings sound so different from the concert you experienced on stage, it's like listening to your own recorded voice.

ah. Here comes Star wars. Yay!

short note: I remember my mum asking after the concert if my conductor was christian. There was Great is thy faithfulness in No shadow of turning and Amazing grace. I told her it was just coincidence but is he? hmz...

1 comment: