Pages

9 Nov 2008

Videotapes

This is a list of videotapes I found while packing the house-

Earthvisions, National Day Parades from 2001 onwards, Japan hour,Crimewatch. The videotapes which number at least 20 strong are all my grandfather's, the title to each handwritten in his elegant hand.

Every year, the weekend after the National Day Parade, we would be treated to a "repeat telecast" on the VCR while my grandpa kept a running commentary on that year's parade. He loved the 21 gun salute.

He was also a nature lover.Earthvisions which show weekly on TV twelve was his absolute favourite. I was little at that time and didn't share in the sheer wonder of nature as he did. I'm just glad I took the time , 20 years the wiser ,to watch 2 episodes of the award winning Planet Earth narrated by the great David Attenborough with him a few months ago.To me, it seemed like only last week. The polar bears amused both him and my grandma.

So what becomes of the videotapes? Eventually they will all become mouldy and stop functioning. In fact, I am quite sure many of them are already spoilt. For now at least, they will stay in that little corner of the cupboard a little while longer, a little peice of him left behind.

3 comments:

  1. Convert to VCD/DVD.

    Mai Tan Liao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man.. I know Archi has the equipment to do it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's somewhere for a start.

    http://nusps.org.sg/portal/dmc

    ReplyDelete