Pages

10 Dec 2008

The long road

And so the marathon came and went.



As much as I would like to brag about how well I did, the truth is , I know I didn't do well at all. But it doesn't really matter does it? The race will be but a memory years down the road, the pain forgotten, safely tucked in the deep recesses of my mind.

No. They are not important. Years down the road I would remember instead , of having ran with an outstanding friend -one who ran 30km of the way with me, only for me to tell him to go on,reassuring him that even if I crawled I would cross the finishing line.

The last 12 km , I felt less pressurized, free even.

Because sometimes, you got to run your own race.

5 comments:

  1. Well done! I took 7hrs, so don't be too hard on yourself eh? =) It's the process that counts! And of course, it is a measure of your determination! I heard of people who halfway gave up. Don't even wanna walk the rest of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello daniel! hope you're feeling tons better now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cloud: Thanks man!
    hk:I am feeling fine! Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha u din mentioned u did it all for a tshirt! lolx..
    hope u had ample of rest aft the concert...tc

    ReplyDelete
  5. tear: Sia la. That is but one (of the many!) reasons. That said, the shirt sure is good motivation to finish man. =p

    ReplyDelete