Pages

11 Jun 2009

Next time around

ELECTRICO We Satellites(Warner Music)

I first heard Electrico at a race event. They were playing songs from their very first album So Much More Inside and they were fantastic. I think ever since then I was silently hoping for them to do well.

Much has changed in the four years since their first album was launched. We satellites, Electrico's third album to date, sees the band experimenting with more heavily synthesized and layered sounds, similar to Hip City. With the band also losing lead guitarist Daniel Sassoon in early 2008, progression is to be expected.

Three songs stood out for me, Save our souls, Faces and Aura.

In particular, I thought Aura was a very interesting way to round off the album etereally with electric influences on orchestral strings.

In short, lesser bands might call it quits but Electrico soldiers on producing an album that marks the band coming of age.

Check out the band’s Myspace page.

4 comments:

  1. Amanda Ling just quit...

    And I think Giam recorded for them on one of the tracks; if you hear boney sounds, its probably him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. Days ago somemore. What the...

    That's cool to know! haha. Will listen out for him. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR KANG! Haha. I don't know where else to tag other than facebook, but I don't go facebook that often anyway. Heh.

    So that I get the date right: 16 June 2009

    ReplyDelete
  4. yyknosekai: Thanks man.Haha. For a moment I thought you had a blog. =p

    ReplyDelete