Pages

4 Aug 2009

Threadless

I bought a few shirts with friend when they were having their sale a few months ago. The shirts were going for 5 USD. After taking into account postage costs and splitting them with my friend, each shirt came to be around 8 SGD - still incredibly affordable!



from wikipedia:

Threadless is a community-centered online apparel store run by skinnyCorp of Chicago, Illinois, since 2000. Co-founders Jake Nickell and Jacob DeHart started the company with $1,000 in seed money after entering an Internet t-shirt design contest.[1][2]

Members of the Threadless community submit t-shirt designs online; the designs are then put to a public vote. A small percentage of submitted designs are selected for printing and sold through an online store. Creators of the winning designs receive a prize of cash and store credit.

It is a special thing to know that you are wearing someone else's artwork and by buying the shirt you are actually keeping this avenue for designers alive. More often than not, the designs range from quirky to just plain fun.

Ordering them online was a piece of cake. When I got the shirts 3 weeks later however, I realised that I bought them too small and after another 5 to 6 weeks of waiting time for the exchange, I am proud to say that I am officially the owner of 3 threadless T-shirts. Made of 100% cotton and oh-so-thin, it is perfect for Singapore's hot climate!

The nice thing about having your design printed is that at the back of the shirt they actually print your design and name.


So now you know, I'm a medium. =)

2 comments:

  1. Desho!?!

    Next time there is a sale and I wanna buy will jio you also. =)

    ReplyDelete