Pages

30 Jan 2010

My little cousin

These few days I have been busy helping my uncle move house. Part of my help entails me looking after his son so that he doesn't get in the way in the midst of all the unpacking after the big move( which was no small feat for one day of work, both the move and the babysitting).

Today the four year old came and woke up me bright early in the morning. The little guy wasted no time and asked me to load the "Ben Ten online game, the one that can transform to humongousaur one" on my computer. I thought I might catch a wink or two more after loading it but no, he kept glancing back to make sure I was watching. After it was "Batman , Gotham city rescue". I taught him that batman's wings were really sharp and could hurt more bad guys at one go.

After grandma made him have lunch, he insisted I bath him and after he extracted a promise from me to go down later, he went downstairs with grandma. If you are reading this, I'm sorry I had to break the promise. After some time they came back up ( grandma told he had fun with paper boats and chasing little birds) and we had a guitar sing-a-long session. He made me sing a song about playing games with him strumming which went something along the lines of "playing games with Deaglan is fun, fun, fun!". Later on he surprised me by really sitting down and letting me go through the activity book which consisted of activities like spot the difference(he totally loved that one) and identifying and coloring in objects that start with the "b" sound. He asked me how I could colour so nicely(I told him I practiced a lot) and if I could help him ask grandma to see if he could take the book home.

Somehow, I managed to make him angry and "unfriend" me again today but after a minute of two of tap-tap revenge playing on my own, the temptation proved too great and we went back to being great friends, playing the two player version. Thereafter his dad called up to say he was coming and we went down to wait for him and have a game or two of catching and hide-n-seek.

It may not sound like much, but man was it tiring. OK. Boring update over.

Tomorrow he comes again.

2 comments:

  1. few more years down the road there'll be a blog post titled "my little son"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. quirk: Goodness. That's really some time down the road!=)

    ReplyDelete