Pages

29 Oct 2009

Little note

Dear Kongkong,

how have you been the past year? Well, I hope!

Remember the LCD flatscreen TV you wanted to share with grandma when the new house comes? Consider it done. The old TV broke down and we bought a new LCD TV to replace it. That's about all that's changed around the house though. Everything looks just about the same. Even the blood pressure monitor you were using. Grandma's using that now.

Grandma has been well. The newly bought TV serves her well in watching the Korean drama at 7pm every Monday to Friday. She had a heart surgery not too long ago and doesn't pant as much when walking now so that's good. She's also going to the market more frequently now. She talks about you sometimes but mostly it is about happy stuff - like the way the blood pressure monitor churns up erroneous results and you would hit it a little or how you would play with your new grandson when he comes around.

Oh...by the way he is a big boy now. Doesn't throw things as much but when he comes around to our place, you can see how much mama loves his company. He is scared of her though. I think it's because mama always tells him not to run around with an angry look on her face. He likes me though because mainly I give - and this is absoutely true - the best make-believe F1 car simulation on my lap ever. Well that, and I sometimes goof around with him. His play is good but his studies...well...his Chinese could do better as mine could.

My sister is in her second year in NUS and ...erm... is doing OK at school - I think. In other news, Mum just got transferred to an Nautica outlet in Marina Bay!That's so close to the esplanade. I'll bet you would love to be go there to take a look see. And Dad just came back from America! I, on the other hand, will be going to Japan for my graduation trip. Oh yes...I'll be graduating next year! About time I say. That's one event I think you would like to be part of too.

Your other grandson is in Japan with his family and your granddaughter is studying in the U.S. I am not sure which university but I am sure it's one of the better ones around. They came back for a while during the June-July period.

Well, that's about it from me. Take care now. =)

Yours truly,
Daniel

1 comment: