Pages

15 Dec 2009

Take 5


So I took a break from FYP to make some baked goods with my mum. Somehow I find myself gravitating to baking stuff rather than cooking stuff. Maybe it is the way baking tends to draw you in with its delicious aroma all the way at the very end. This time with the brownies, the wafting of the aroma of the soon-to-be-finished brownies from the kitchen to my room caused me to walk back and forth multiple times checking to see if it done . With each check - no joy, the top is not cracked yet. Eventually the inevitable crack comes and after it has cooled, gone under the knife and wrapped in aluminum foil, the various ingredients at the start begins its new life as a single entity - a bunch of brownies with a hearty chocolaty taste - ready to be divvied out.

5 comments:

  1. nice brownie!
    but i still prefer cooking to baking =x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can be improved.Haha.To each his own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks nice!
    what's your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya lo, I also prefer cooking. Unless baking of savoury stuff is involved. Haha.

    I think the oven usually doesn't like me.

    The pot does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. life: I got the recipe from http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/perfect-brownies . You might want to increase the number of eggs by one though. My brownies were a little brittle.
    erina: Aiya! Why like that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete