Pages

3 Apr 2011

Feedback

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I wish to provide feedback on the level of service I received with regards to the box office staff at Marina Bay Sands Theatre.

On the evening of 02 April 2011, I went to watch a performance of THE LION KING musical at 8pm performed in Marina Bay Sands(MBS) Theatre. Since my cell phone battery died on me, I had no means of contacting my friends who were holding on to the tickets. Faced with such a situation and with only minutes to spare, I turned to what looked like the most senior(in authority) person on hand at the box office. I was explaining my situation to her in the hopes that she might approve me using the phones installed at the box office. Alas, this was not to be. In the midst of my explanation, another customer came with a query and she, whether intentionally or not, deemed his query to be more important than mine and turned away from me.

At this point of time I was incredibly frustrated by the lack of help rendered. The show was about to commence and not only did she not give me a reply, she didn't ask her assistants(most of whom were milling about)to help out and perhaps most disappointing of all, decided that assistance in my matter was of lower priority compared to another member of the paying audience.

I wish to know what the policy of MBS is with regards to assisting audience members. Is their jobscope limited to only selling tickets? Furthermore, if a more authoritative figure were to exhibit such behavior , what more the people under her? I believe it is imperative that such unhelpful service be weeded out and stemmed at the source in order to uphold what I perceive to be a mostly high standard of service from MBS staff.

However, despite her behavior, another staff decided to ,of her own initiative lend her own cell phone for me to use. She helpfully suggested that I could check with the front of house if my tickets were left there by my friends. Due to her responsiveness in lending her cell phone I was able to contact my friends in short order and to watch the performance in time.

It was a simple act but one that enabled me to leave the theater a satisfied audience. It was also one that the more senior person chose not to see.

In my humble opinion, of the various times I've come to watch performances at Sands Theatre, they've been mostly smooth sailing and service standards are tip top. Let not a few tarnish the image of the entire institution.

Best regards,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment