Pages

21 Apr 2012

Tico-Tico

For this exam I wasn't really expecting alot - just to be able to pass was plenty. And I did pass. For this feat, I'm indebted to my violin teacher and also my piano accompanist for the exam. My accompanist, also a teacher at the school I'm in, basically put me through the paces for the entire aural section. My violin teacher for the past two years also had been a tremendous encouragement and help.

Looking ahead , I guess I'll not be looking to take the next exam anytime soon. Perhaps in a year, or three.

Allegro - Handel
The dotted rhythms had character and the tempo was well-chosen. You played with some energy and idea of the style. Much was accurate but more dynamics variation could have been created and the semiquaver and quaver series of notes tended to be more like triplets.

Non giova il sospirar - Donizetti
You observed the articulation detail and found some of the mood and style. Tone was abit unsteady in places and there were some intonation flaws. The tempo was well-chosen but more could still be made of the dynamics.

Tico-Tico Bird in the Cornmeal
The style was achieved with some feeling of buoyancy and flexibility in the played. Phrases had dynamic shape and there were only brief pitch blemishes. Overall this was an effective account.

Scales and arpeggios
The patterns were known and the keys were sound. There were small pitch places and A minor scale and F# minor arpeggio had more loose pitching. The style had some fluency however.

Sight-reading
The outline and some sense of key and pulse were found. This improved as it progressed but there was some loose and rhythm in places.

Aural tests
A and B had only a couple of errors. C was accurate. D was correct apart from some small clapping flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment