Pages

14 Aug 2008

Lonely Afternoon

Bevyln Khoo is a local singer song writer and I got to know about her performance through one of the CFA mailers. Having just launched her EP album "lonely afternoon" in January of this year, she came along with her band to UCC theatre as part of the Exxonmobil Campus Concerts. And the best part was, it was free.

The concert was great. Worthy of mention is the male guitarist, Tien-yao, who accompanies her during their gigs at pubs before she rolled out an album. He has such a high voice, I felt like using the toilet every time he hit the high notes which might be several ledger lines above the bass clef staff. There was also a pianist who can also play the bass, a percussionist who plays an incomplete jazz set and a violinist who rocks.

Despite the album being named after one of the songs, lonely afternoon, another song caught the fancy of my good friend and I. Preview her songs via her myspace page and listen to the song that got my friend and I grooving, when I'm 80. It sounds a trifle familiar though.

No comments:

Post a Comment