Pages

5 Oct 2008

Happy endings

When I saw the basketball boy the fourth time this week, thanks to his mum, for intensive revision before his exams, he kept reminding me about the basketball I owed him as a present for scoring an A for both his Mathematics and Science papers. He further assures me that his English teacher gave him $30 and his Chinese teacher a basketball pump.

" so now all that's left the basketball, " he tells me with liquid, imploring eyes.

But this is the boy who tells me that every Friday is bubble tea day, who tells me to look behind when I'm going through questions and tries to scare me to no avail and that my socks smell.

The very same one who is going to get a basketball very soon.

6 comments:

  1. heh. kids can be so cute right? although i am sure he gave u exasperating times too. i am so sure my last tuition with my kid will be tmr.. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Ya la. Sometimes he can give drive me up the wall man. Ya lor. Mine too. Last paper science...

    ReplyDelete
  3. give that boy a slap on my behalf haha.. :) so when u going to buy the ball?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I going with him to buy. Apparently he more busy than me. Haha. See when he free lor. =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. converse he said.

    ReplyDelete