Pages

1 Oct 2008

Octoburst

So I went for string quartet performance and I have a funny feeling they read my blog because the second song they did was Beauty and the Beast, during which I must have grinned senselessly. Since the theme for the night was Disney, they also did Cinderella, Aladdin and Lion King, which was the highest grossing film for Disney till Finding Nemo came along,9 years later.

They ended off the night with one of my favourite pieces, it's a small world, so yes, I felt like I was listening to myself, in the future. In all , it was a really feel good performance. With melodies from your childhood thrown in, it really was hard not to at least smile. Towards the middle of the performance, one of the members was encouraging the little kids around to enjoy the music and have fun . And suddenly it all clicked - I dig them not because they are so very in tune or that their performances were flawless but because they looked like they were having fun and it was hard to resist joining them.

Happy Children's Day one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment