Pages

9 Jan 2015

One Second and A Million Miles

The first musical that I encountered by Jason Robert Brown was "The Last Five Years" which if you haven't seen it, you should. Then comes his new musical " Bridges from Madison County" and I haven't seen it, but the songs are really quite good. The string arrangements didn't hurt it either. Here's one entitled "One Second and  A Million Miles" :


Speaking of recommendations, I've just finished Brandon Sanderson's new book, "Firefight" which is book 2 of the Reckoners series. Wow. He simply does no wrong.For the fantasy uninitiated, you should check out his "Mistborn" series which was how I discovered him. In those books were perhaps some of the best fantasy writing I've read. From there, I've consumed almost everything he has written save for the last three books of the "Wheel Of Time" series which he coauthored with Robert Jordan.

From Mistborn if you are looking for something abit heavier you can try his Stormlight Archive of which 2 out of the planned 10 books have already been published ."The Way Of Kings" and "Words Of Radiance" rank very highly in my recommendations. I had chills reading those books. If you are looking for some abit lighter, you can sample his Young Adult offerings all of which are a hoot to read. (Alcatraz anyone?)

2 comments:

  1. Love that you are keeping the blog updated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @~*Hui*~ I hope this keeps up for the rest of the year! Let's spur each other on!

    ReplyDelete